Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Almost Ruined Valentine's Day...


There comes a time in most couple’s relationships where the amount of arguments grow more and more; and the topic of the arguments become more and more, well, stupid. Yep, my own relationship reached that stage quite awhile ago and all I wanted was out. The love was gone and I was tired of the constant arguments, his insensitivity, his lack of consideration and caring-ness. Hence, Valentine’s Day came around and the arguments started once again. I hated Valentine’s Day because frankly, he told me he hated this day from the very first Valentine’s Day we had together. So this year, I was particularly mad at the fact that even though I wasn’t single, I still couldn’t fully celebrate Valentine’s Day. 
Anyway, for some reason he actually wanted to make up for all those uncelebrated Valentine’s Days and wanted to plan this huge dinner and everything. For some reason, this made me even madder, mad enough to the point where I didn’t want anything to do with my own boyfriend on V-day…Therefore, I stormed home after class and basically sulked. I knew I was being stupid, but at the time, I really didn’t care. 
I ignore calls, and looking at Facebook of other people’s Valentine’s Day made it worse. I tried to do some work, but couldn’t concentrate. Then around dinner time, there was a knock on the door and in he came with two of my favorite cans of soup, gummy bears, a six pack, a single rose in hand and a hopeful look on his face. It was so simple, but so perfect ^_^

The night turned out with us drinking the soup (and beer!) and eating the gummy bears while watching a movie (which movie, I honestly can’t remember…). It was fun, cozy, and filled with a ton of love. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me <3 I never admitted any of this to him, partly due to my own pride and partly due to me being ashamed of my earlier behavior; but I hope he knows ^_^
Moral of the story: when you love someone, the love is always there. When you're truly in love and are loved just as much back, it's easy to overlook that love and become blind to it. However, if you're in a long, committed relationship, remember that he loves you and will probably give the world to you if given the chance. Guys in particular have a hard time showing their feelings, it's programmed into their nature! So believe it, feel it, take it in. Love is a self-fulfilling prophesy, if you believe that you're loved, chances are you are more than loved <3

No comments:

Post a Comment