Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pink = the new white?

Recently, there has been more than a few celebrities saying their "I do's" in not a traditional white or ivory wedding dress, but a pink dress. Reese Witherspoon married Jim Toth in 2011 in a simple  Monique Lhuillier pale pink wedding dress. Later that year, Sinead O'Connor married her 4th husband in a pink dress as well. Then, earlier this year, Rachel McAdams wore a short pink Betsy Johnson wedding dress in the movie The Vow. Seriously, since when did pink make it's way into wedding attires? I mean, doesn't the old saying goes like this: "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." If any color should be making it's way into a wedding gown, it should be blue right? Where did the pink come from?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this color and I love how it looks as a wedding dress. It's just that I'm slightly shocked by this sudden change. I grew up always dreaming of gliding down the aisle in a beautiful white gown, never even have thought that there could be any other color on that dress other than white. Although I have to admit, marrying in a pink wedding dress seems absolutely fabulous! It gives off more a Cinderella, fairytale vibe, something that all little girls have dreamed of. Absolutely adorable ^_^ Maybe I might change my mind and end up walking down the aisle myself in a beautiful pink wedding gown:)






No comments:

Post a Comment